Due in 4 weeks (10/01/15 04:00:00)
Plone 5.0 is a major release which adds new features and removes compatibility for old frameworks.
Improvement proposals included in this release:
- Using a folderish object as default view for a folder makes it impossible to add contents to the object.
- plone.app.event - new eventtype for plone
- Implement a Selenium 2 (Webdriver) testing framework for Plone core
- Ship Chamelon (2.x)/five.pt with Plone by default
- Use z3c.form instead of zope.formlib in plone.app.users
- Switch to Dexterity-based core content types (plone.app.contenttypes)
- Integrate selected portions of jQueryUI
- Move presentation mode out of core
- Add a field to the site control-panel that allows easy customisation of the logo.
- Improvements for user ids and login names
- Drop Python 2.6 support for Plone 5
- Remove BASE tag from rendered html
- Main_template rebirth to HTML5
- CSS and JS integration/ResourceRegistries rethink (require.js/mockup/less...)
- Remove IE8 support on Plone
Improvement proposals being considered for this release:
- Convert control panels to use z3c.form
- add adjustable css class option on portlets
- Remove portal_skins from Products.CMFPlone
- Merge some plone.app.* packages into the Products.CMFPlone distribution
- Define extra member properties TTW
- Remove layout table from unstyled plone.
- New widgets for Plone (plone.app.widgets) and separated admin (plone.app.toolbar)
- Collections: folderish plus migration from Topic to Collection
- Training certificate for Plone
- Automatic CSRF protection
- Change to session plugin on zope acl_users replacement
- Make default Plone password policy support regexp
- Removal of selected portal tools
- Use "Add portal content" permissions for manage_pasteObjects
- Use lxml cleaner for safehtml transforms
- Ship with plone.api
- Make content-types folderish by default
- example theme to ship with plone which isolates the CMSUI from public theme
- Implement API for Dexterity behaviors
- Add social media meta tags
This milestone is used to track bugs and other issues related to the 4.x series, and the progress bar has nothing to do with when the next 4.x release will ship.
Tickets assigned to the 'Future' milestone aren't targeted for inclusion in any specific release yet.
For example feature requests that have no designated champion yet or are still under discussion are often in this milestone.