4 months late (03/01/14 00:00:00)
Plone 5.0 is a major release which adds new features and removes compatibility for old frameworks.
Improvement proposals included in this release:
- Using a folderish object as default view for a folder makes it impossible to add contents to the object.
- plone.app.event - new eventtype for plone
- Implement a Selenium 2 (Webdriver) testing framework for Plone core
- Ship Chamelon (2.x)/five.pt with Plone by default
- Switch to Dexterity-based core content types (plone.app.contenttypes)
- Integrate selected portions of jQueryUI
- Move presentation mode out of core
- Improvements for user ids and login names
- Drop Python 2.6 support for Plone 5
- Remove BASE tag from rendered html
Improvement proposals being considered for this release:
- Convert control panels to use z3c.form
- Use z3c.form instead of zope.formlib in plone.app.users
- add adjustable css class option on portlets
- Remove portal_skins from Products.CMFPlone
- Merge some plone.app.* packages into the Products.CMFPlone distribution
- Define extra member properties TTW
- Remove layout table from unstyled plone.
- Add a field to the site control-panel that allows easy customisation of the logo.
- New widgets for Plone (plone.app.widgets) and separated admin (plone.app.toolbar)
- Collections: folderish plus migration from Topic to Collection
- Training certificate for Plone
- Automatic CSRF protection
- Change to session plugin on zope acl_users replacement
- Make default Plone password policy support regexp
- Removal of selected portal tools
- Main_template rebirth to HTML5
- Use "Add portal content" permissions for manage_pasteObjects
- Zope 4 for Plone
- CSS and JS integration (require.js/mockup/less...)
This milestone is used to track bugs and other issues related to the 4.x series, and the progress bar has nothing to do with when the next 4.x release will ship.
Tickets assigned to the 'Future' milestone aren't targeted for inclusion in any specific release yet.
For example feature requests that have no designated champion yet or are still under discussion are often in this milestone.