Ticket #12227 (closed PLIP: fixed)
In-Plone theme editor
|Reported by:||optilude||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by jonstahl) (diff)
Proposer: Martin Aspeli
Seconder: Jon Stahl
We want to make Plone the world's easiest CMS to theme. plone.app.theming, included in Plone 4.2, goes a long way towards that, but creating themes and uploading as zip files is not an effective way to create a new theme. We want to provide a sensible environment in which designers and administrators can create themes without filesystem access or knowledge of Buildout or Python, whilst still allowing them to reuse and download/distribute (via zip files) themes or progress to filesystem development.
Proposal & Implementation
- Update the 'Diazo theme' control panel to provide a UI for downloading and creating new in-ZODB themes (the storage and management tools are already part of p.resource / p.a.theming)
- Integrate a simple file manager, based on http://labs.corefive.com/projects/filemanager/, but simplified to focus on the left hand side file tree only
- Add tools for point-and-click building of rules by identifying elements in the content + theme
- Adds a new third party component (ACE) and a dependency on a few jQuery plugins via the file manager.
- In time, we may want to generalise this out of p.a.theming for use in e.g. Deco or Dexterity
- Martin Aspeli
- Nathan van Gheem
Work has now been merged to the master branch of:
Please test away!
We've put out a call to get a better template theme, which will make for a more realistic starting point.
comment:23 Changed 21 months ago by kleist
- Status changed from new to confirmed
- Component changed from Unknown to General
comment:24 Changed 19 months ago by jonstahl
- Version changed from 4.1 to 4.3
- Description modified (diff)