Ticket #13249 (closed Bug: fixed)

Opened 19 months ago

Last modified 13 months ago

Google Chrome and Safari search compatibility problem

Reported by: ricerco Owned by:
Priority: minor Milestone: 4.x
Component: Internationalization Version: 4.2
Keywords: Search, Chrome, Safari, patch Cc:


When I enter Japanese characters in search box in Plone 4.2.1 site on Google Chrome( 22.0.1229.92) or Safari(6.0.1) , It become garbage characters in result screen as I've attached. It works fine with Firefox 15.x.


search-on-chrome.png Download (104.3 KB) - added by ricerco 19 months ago.
Search result screen

Change History

Changed 19 months ago by ricerco

Search result screen

comment:1 Changed 19 months ago by kleist

  • Keywords Search, Chrome, Safari added; SearchChromeSafari removed
  • Status changed from new to confirmed
  • Component changed from Unknown to Internationalization

comment:2 Changed 18 months ago by terapyon

I found wrong code in plone.app.search/plone/app/search/search.js at version 1.0.4

Line 113


str = str.replace(/\+/g, ' ');

I think true code:

str = decodeURIComponent(str.replace(/\+/g, ' '));

comment:3 Changed 18 months ago by kleist

  • Keywords Safari, patch added; Safari removed

comment:4 Changed 18 months ago by terapyon

I forked the product. I think fixed.


But I don't know to use selenium tests. Please let me know how to use selenium.

comment:5 Changed 18 months ago by terapyon

I tried Firefox and Chrome on Mac by selenium.

I just fixed  https://github.com/terapyon/plone.app.search & I'll send pull request.

How to Chrome test:


$ SELENIUM_ARGS=~/chromedriver
$ ./bin/test -s plone.app.search --tests-pattern=selenium

comment:6 Changed 13 months ago by csenger

  • Status changed from confirmed to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.