Ticket #13476 (confirmed PLIP)
New widgets for Plone (plone.app.widgets) and separated admin (plone.app.toolbar)
|Reported by:||garbas||Owned by:||garbas|
Description (last modified by pbdiode) (diff)
Proposer: Rok Garbas
Seconder: Nathan Van Gheem
Motivation for plone.app.widgets
- Make it simple for front-end developers to work on front-end Plone
Resulting from those primary motivations, the following are some secondary motivations:
- Override a collection of widgets currently found in Plone with widgets developed in a modular, testable, and feature compatible manner
- Front-end developers should never have to deal with Python, buildout, or Plone
- RequireJS/Almond for providing modularization/encapsulation
- Karma + Mocha for testing
- Provide a smaller set of versitile widgets that can be use consistently throughout the core of future Plone, and other packages, such as plone.app.toolbar and plone.app.deco
Motivation for plone.app.toolbar
- Move the admin toolbar currently found in the content of a page (when logged in) to a separate, encapsulated, bar at the top of the page.
- Make it so themer's do not need to handle or manage admin specific UI, unless it is something they are are intentionally doing
Proposal & Implementation
- update archetypes to utilize plone.app.widgets provided widgets instead of the currently implemented archetypes.schemaextender integration.
- New *location* of the interface for interacting with admin-related UI components, with a new skin
- mockup: http://plone.github.io/mockup
- plone.app.widgets: https://github.com/plone/plone.app.widgets/blob/master/README.rst
- plone.app.toolbar: https://github.com/plone/plone.app.toolbar/blob/master/README.rst
- Adjust Text Size -- Easily change text size on a page.
- Cookie Directive -- A pattern that checks cookies enabled and asks permission for the user to allow cookies or not.
- Expose -- Exposes the focused element by darkening everything else on the page. Useful to focus the user attention on a particular area.
- Form Unload Alert -- A pattern to warn user when changes are unsaved and they try to navigate away from page.
- Live Search -- Dynamically query the server and display results.
- Modal -- Creates a modal dialog (also called overlay).
- Pick A Date -- Allows the user to select a date (with or without time) through a calendar.
- Picture -- A responsive image widget.
- Prevent Double Submit -- A pattern to prevent submitting a form twice.
- Query String for Collections -- A widget for creating query's for collections
- Related Items -- An advanced widget for selecting related items.
- Select2 -- Autocompletes, multiple or single selections from any kind of data source (with search!).
- Table Sorter -- A pattern you can apply to a table so it can have its items rearranged when clicking the header.
- TinyMCE (v4!!!!) -- Rich text editor.
- Table of Contents -- Automatically generate a table of contents.
- Tooltip -- A pattern to show a tooltip on hover.
- DropZone -- Drag 'n drop file upload
- Type changed from Bug to PLIP
- Milestone changed from 4.x to 4.4
- Status changed from new to confirmed
comment:25 Changed 23 months ago by pbdiode
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from new set of widgets for Plone (plone.app.widgets) to New widgets for Plone (plone.app.widgets) and separated admin (plone.app.toolbar)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.