Ticket #4055 (closed Bug: fixed)
Insuff priv when allowing access to object in restricted folder
|Reported by:||DannyB||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by wichert) (diff)
With plip16 in place it is now possible to restrict access to sections in the portal. However, there is a problem when I want to allow access to an object that sits in a folder that is restricted:
Steps to reproduce:
- Add a new user and don't give him a role.
- As admin, create a folder in portal root
- Go to that folder's sharing tab and uncheck 'inherit roles'
- In that folder, add a Document.
- Publish that document
- Go to the sharing tab and give the new user Member role there (or any role that should give him view permissions, Manager will do too).
- Log in as the new user and go to the new Document. He must be able to view it but plone throws an insuffpriv error.
With plip16 in place, these kind of situations must degrade gracefully. It must be possible to do these things. That was the whole point of this plip. It affects several things. Like the breadcrumbs. It should show in the path that along the way to the object being viewed, there are restricted folders in the path. Also, the batch view action checks for permission on the containing folder which the user has no access to. Etc.