Ticket #8906 (closed Bug: fixed)
plone.app.layout.icons fails on uninstalled content types.
|Reported by:||sergey_v||Owned by:|
If a folder contains an instance of a content type which product was uninstalled using QuickInstaller (but not removed from the filesystem), an attempt to view folder contents produces "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Title'", which is caused by the fact that plone.app.layout.icons.icons trying to access an FTI object in portal_types which doesn't exist (has been removed by QuickInstaller)
How to reproduce:
- Install any third-party product which registers a new content type (e.q. PloneArticle)
- Create an object of that type
- Uninstall the product using Add/Remove Products configlet
- Try to view the contents of the folder containing the object.
How to fix:
The exception is raised at line 52 of plone.app.layout.icons.icons.py:
The code needs to check if the value returned by tt.get() us not None and only then try to call Title() function
- Status changed from new to closed
- Version set to 4.1
- Resolution set to fixed