Ticket #9330 (closed PLIP: fixed)
Add ability to choose group when adding new site members
|Reported by:||aclark||Owned by:||aclark|
Description (last modified by aclark) (diff)
Proposer: Alex Clark
Seconder: Eric Steele
I recently came across a small usability enhancement I'd like to make. When adding a user, it is often part of a two-step process to make that user an administrator. Why not add a checkbox to the registration form that would allow end users to have the option to make the new user a site manager, e.g.
[*] Allow user to manage site?
Alternatively, a menu containing a list of site groups could be used. E.g.
Choose group for new user
Proposal assumes new feature would be desired, but no research has been done to substantiate that claim.
Proposal & Implementation
I propose modifying 'skins/plone_login/register.cpy' to add this feature. The implementation would involve UI components (e.g. adding form fields) as well as modifying the call to portal_registration to include the options necessary to make the new member a part of the selected group(s). Possibly move register.cpy to a browser view.
- Modifications to register.cpy and/or modifications plus move to browser view.
- Unit tests
- Add unit tests to cover newly added code and feature set.
- Add localization as appropriate.
- Add documentation as appropriate, e.g. include in list of new features.
Alex Clark <aclark>
comment:25 Changed 7 years ago by aclark
- Summary changed from Add ability to choose role when adding new site members to Add ability to choose group when adding new site members