Ticket #9472 (closed PLIP: fixed)
|Reported by:||erikrose||Owned by:||optilude|
Description (last modified by erikrose) (diff)
This is a pseudo-PLIP where we can collect pros and cons of including plone.app.registry (as desired by #9295 and others) in Plone 4.
- plone.supermodel, which creates schema interfaces from (and exports them to) XML, like this:
from plone.supermodel import xmlSchema IMySchema = xmlSchema("myschema.xml")
- Over propertysheets: registry has a dict API more interoperable with the rest of Python (and easier to remember):
>>> registry['plone.records.tests.cms'] u'Plone' >>> registry['plone.records.tests.cms'] = u"Plone 3.x"
- Over raw schema: because registry limits stored data to a few simple types, you can uninstall a product, and any data left behind doesn't cause errors due to schema classes not being found.
- You're not limited to defining registry records using GenericSetup XML; you can use Z3 schemas as well, if you stick to simple field types.
- Necessary migrations and/or backward-compatibility code
- Pulls in z3c.form, which might have its own problems. Hanno hints dependency might be removable.
comment:23 Changed 5 years ago by davisagli
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted
comment:24 Changed 5 years ago by optilude
- Status changed from reopened to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.