Ticket #9919 (closed Bug: fixed)
ATContentTypes fails to paste relatedItems and ATPathCriterion, missing schema property
|Reported by:||mircoangelini||Owned by:||seanupton|
Description (last modified by seanupton) (diff)
Products.Archetypes introduced per #5180 a 'keepReferencesOnCopy' flag/propety for schema, along with a check for said property in Referenceable.manage_afterAdd. ATContentTypes uses ReferenceField in two places (path criterion, relatedItems field) where this flag is not included. Fast-forward five years, this is still a problem that requires a simple solution of opting-into this property in the respective schema in ATCT.
- Create a page with one or more related objects.
- Copy and paste the page.
The new page will be missing the object(s) related.
With old-style collections / topics
Most Plone 4.2 sites still need to use old-style collections for lack of key features in plone.app.collection, so this is still a worthy priority fix to get into a 4.3.x release.
- Create a topic (old-style collection), add a path criterion ("Location in site"); choose a specific path.
- Copy the collection/topic and paste elsewhere.
The criterion will be copied, but not the reference.
- This was originally reported affecting Plone 3.2.1, but it continues to affect Plone through ~4.3 (as of 2013-03-04).
- Version set to 4.1
- Component changed from Unknown to Infrastructure
- severity set to Normal
- Milestone changed from 3.3.x to 4.x
- Version changed from 4.1 to 4.3
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from copy and paste does not copy the related items to ATContentTypes fails to paste relatedItems and ATPathCriterion, missing schema property